Getting a tan always causes skin damage,even if it is done slowly. Though, you may not see the damage now, as you age it will show up in the form of wrinkles, dark spots and other skin problems.
Most people realize that using a sunscreen can help prevent this skin damage, but many people do not apply it properly. If you want to help prevent skin issues knowing how to apply sunscreen for skin protection is crucial. Sunscreen will not protect your skin if it is not used properly.
Here are step by step directions on how to apply sunscreen.
1. Select a quality sunscreen that has UVA and UVB protection. It should be water resistant and have an SPF of 30 or more. Sunscreens come in creams, gels, sticks and sprays. Some moisturizers contain sunscreen. One good one to try is La Roche-posay Hydraphase UV Intense Hydration Fluid with SPF 30 Sunscreen
2. Make sure your skin is clean and dry before applying sunscreen. Apply about 15 to 20 minutes before going outdoors to give the product time to be absorbed into the skin.
3. Apply the sunscreen all over your body. You will want to make sure that you cover the ear lobes, feet, hands and other areas that will be exposed to the sun. For most people about one ounce of sunscreen will be sufficient. Adjust this for your body size. Have a friend help with the hard to reach areas.
4. Use a lip balm with an SPF30 or more on your lips to protect them. You can pick up SPF lip balms like Kiss My Face Sport Lip Balm SPF 30 for just a few dollars. Keep one in your purse, gym bag, car, etc. Not only will you have smooth lips but you will help prevent lip cancers.
5. Reapply sunscreen every two hours or more often if you have been sweating or swimming.
Sunscreen is not just for sunny days, you need to protect yourself on a daily basis. Be extra cautious when you are near the water, snow, or sandy areas as they reflect the sun’s light. This increases the chance of sun damage.
It is also not safe to use tanning beds that have ultraviolet light. This will also lead to premature skin aging. If you love the look of a tan, use tanning lotions or consider getting a spray tan. You can enjoy air brush tanning in your home. For more information, check out my article here; Airbrush Tanning
Get a free trial of the top rated anti wrinkle skin cream Lifecell; click here for Lifecell