Lip wrinkles are an easy indicator of age. Those feathery or deep grooves around the mouth not only cause lip makeup to bleed but they also share whether you smoke, spent to much time in the sun and did not take proper care of the area with anti wrinkle cream or moisturizer.
As we age collagen levels decrease and the skin becomes thinner. Though lip wrinkles are part of the aging process, with some care you can help minimize their appearance. Prevention is of course the best course of action for wrinkles around mouth. But if you already have them take some steps to improve their appearance.
– Stop smoking. Smoking and wrinkles go hand in hand. Happily, newer methods to help with smoking cessation are on the market. Make the commitment to quit once and for all. Nicotine speeds the process of aging. The motion of inhaling and exhaling increases wrinkling. I can easily pick out smokers by their lip wrinkles.
– Use sunscreen. Wear a sunscreen on your body and use a good lip balm with sunscreen for the wrinkle around the mouth. Sunscreen helps prevent the lips from getting darker and drying out. In addition sunscreen will help prevent sun damage which causes wrinkling.
– Exfoliate the lips. Use a little toothpaste on a baby toothbrush to gently rub the lips or use a product such as Philosophy kiss me exfoliating lip scrub
– Increase your intake of fluids. Drinking more water hydrates the skin and helps to minimize the appearance of lip wrinkles.
– Use a hydrating lip balm to lock in moisture. For very dry lips Aquaphor is amazing. I use it every night. During the day I like Burts Bees and Carmex. Burts Bees is the number one selling lip balm on Amazon. Click here for the best pricing on Burts Bees.
– For day and evening wear plump up your pout with a lip enhancer. These temporary enhancers can make your lips feel sexy and pouty. My choice is Buxom, Buxom Lips which is affordable, comes in delicious colors and gets to raves. Click here for Buxom Buxom Lips.
– Use an anti wrinkle cream like lifecell or quality moisturizer around the lips to plump up the skin and erase the lines.
– Make up your lips in soft colors to enhance your natural skin tone. Read more about Lip MakeUp.
Simple steps can make a big difference to minimize your lip wrinkles and give you a beautiful smile.